Visiting Montgomery County, Maryland and the nation’s capital area? Here are some travel tips.
Major Roads in Maryland/Washington, D.C. area
Interstates 95, 495, 295, 270 and 70
Montgomery County is conveniently located to three airports: Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, Ronald Reagan Washington National, and Dulles International, all within a 45-minute drive.
- Baltimore/Washington International Airport
- Washington Dulles International Airport
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
Montgomery County Airport
The Montgomery County Airpark is owned and operated by the Montgomery County Revenue Authority. The airpark is designated as reliever airport for Reagan National Airport located just 17 miles from the nation’s capital. The Airpark is convenient for the business and leisure air traveler.
Amtrak & Metrorail
The MARC (Maryland Area Regional Commuter) train has three stops in Montgomery County including Gaithersburg, Rockville, and Silver Spring on the Brunswick Line.
The Amtrak train station in Montgomery County is conveniently located at the Rockville Metro station.
The Metro rail is our subway system that can transport you throughout the DC Metro area. There are 13 metro stops on the red line in Montgomery County. If your plans take you to Washington, DC, the red line takes you directly to the heart of DC in 30 minutes or less.
- Maryland Sales Tax Rate: 6%
- Local Hotel Tax Rate: 7%
- Municipality Hotel Tax Rate, City of Gaithersburg: 2% (+local hotel tax rate of 7%)
- Municipality Hotel Tax Rate, City of Rockville: 2% (+local hotel tax rate of 7%)