What’s New & Featured
Keep up with the latest announcements and things to do in Montgomery County.
Fun on the Fourth!
With summer in full swing, and the next three-day weekend right around the corner, it’s time to start coming up with plans on where and how you’ll spend Independence Day weekend. Celebrate the summer’s next holiday in Montgomery County, Maryland.
Fireworks will be held at:
· Boyds/Germantown - Germantown Soccerplex, 18041 Central Park Circle, Boyds, Maryland. (240) 777-6820. Patriotic concert at 7 p.m. and fireworks at 9:15 p.m.
· Gaithersburg - Montgomery County Fairgrounds, 16 Chestnut Street, Gaithersburg, Maryland. (301) 258-6350. Gates open at 5 p.m. Walk-in at Chestnut or Dalamar Streets; the Perry Parkway entrance will be closed. Entertainment begins at 5:30 p.m. Fireworks at dusk.
· Kensington/Wheaton - Albert Einstein High School, 11135 Newport Road, Kensington, Maryland. Entertainment begins at 7:30 p.m. and fireworks show will begin approximately 9:15 p.m. Free shuttle bus service will pick up passengers beginning at 6:15 p.m. at Westfield Wheaton and the Wheaton Metro Station.
· Poolesville - Poolesville Polo Grounds, 14660 Hughes Rd., Poolesville, Maryland. Live music begins at 6 p.m., Fireworks at 9 p.m. Parking is $5 per vehicle. (301) 972-8888.
· Rockville - Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, 51 Mannakee Street, Rockville, Maryland. Additional parking will be available at Rockville Town Center. Live entertainment begins at 7 p.m. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
· Takoma Park - Takoma Park Middle School, 7611 Piney Branch Road, Takoma Park, Maryland. Parade at 10 a.m. at the intersection of Carroll and Ethan Allen Avenues. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
Traveling to and from events in Washington, DC is incredibly convenient thanks to several Metro stations throughout Montgomery County, Maryland.
Here are a few of the 4th of July events taking place in Montgomery County, MD and DC to help you plan out your trip:
Independence Day Weekend at Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard in Dickerson, Maryland includes live music on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 2pm until 5pm each day. On the 4th of July, Sugarloaf Mountain will release Penelope 2013, which has already won awards at the Winemasters Choice and the Tasters Guild International competitions.
At Montgomery College-Rockville Campus in Rockville, Maryland, the Independence Day event will feature the band Fugitive Brass Quintet on the Main Stage at 7pm, followed by a performance by the Pinneberg Dancers at 7:30pm. The Rockville Concert Band will follow the Pinneberg Dancers. Additional parking will be available at the Rockville Town Center. Fireworks will begin around 9:15pm.
If you’re staying in Montgomery County, hop on the closest Metro train into Washington, DC for the National Independence Day Parade starting at 11:45am on July fourth. The parade takes place on Constitution Avenue between 7th and 17th Sts. NW and features floats, marching bands, military and specialty units, and VIP's. After a day at the parade, stick around for the National Mall’s 4th of July fireworks around 9:15pm. The fireworks are launched from the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool. The best places to watch the National Mall’s fireworks are from the Lincoln, Jefferson, and FDR Memorials, and East Potomac Park.
Located in the heart of the Rockville-Gaithersburg business district and adjacent to the I-270 Technology Corridor, the two-building, six-story property is within 20 miles of downtown Washington, DC, numerous modes of public transportation, and three international airports. The two brands also share several public amenities including a heated indoor pool, whirlpool, PreCor fitness center, a kids’ entertainment room, and 2,800 square feet of flexible meeting space.