What’s New & Featured
Keep up with the latest announcements and things to do in Montgomery County.
Fun on the Fourth!
There’s plenty to do in Montgomery County on July 4! Check the list below for fun activities and plan your holiday. Please visit the websites below for updates.
• AFI Honors Civil War History- In recognition of the 150th anniversay of the Gettysburg Battle, the AFI Silver Theatre will show the film GETTYSBURG in widescreen, as well as COPPERHEAD, the final film in Robert F. Maxwell's Civil War film trilogy. Robert F. Maxcwell, the director of both films will appear at the COPPERHEAD screening July 5.
• Go bowling at 300 Shady Grove! Enjoy 2 hours of unlimited bowling and shoes for just $20 per person!
• Play virtual games and enjoy the food at Dave & Buster’s in Bethesda.
• Shop the summer sales at Westfield Montgomery. Check the website for deals and offers!
• Visit the house of the founder of the American Red Cross at the Clara Barton National Historic Site. Tours run every hour on the hour from 10:00am – 4:00pm.
• Go wine tasting at Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard in Dickerson. Bring a blanket and lawn chair to enjoy the view on the upper patio. Open from 12:00pm – 6:00pm.
• Ride the electronic trains at the National Capital Trolley Museum in Colesville.
• Beat the heat, climb a tree. Visit the Adventure Park at Sandy Spring!
• Pick your own summer flowers, blackberries and blueberries at Butler’s Orchard! Open from 8:30am – 1:00pm.
• Stop and smell the roses at Brookside Gardens. The roses are in bloom and the gardens are open for walks.
Get away to one of the premier hotels in Bethesda, MD. Featuring 447 guest rooms and approximately 50,000 square feet of event space adjacent to the area’s Metro system, our Bethesda, Maryland hotel offers easy access to Rockville, MD, Washington, DC and Northern Virginia with a 23,700 sq ft ballroom, a 120-seat amphitheater, innovative catering menus, and impeccable hotel rooms .